At Webster United Methodist We Believe:
- Every person has God-given worth and dignity, no exceptions.
- We should bring people to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Jesus came to save us from lives choked by the power of sin and death.
- Only through Christ can we gain the a life rich in love, hope and joy that transcends all circumstances.
- The Spirit of God is ever present and ever helping.
- We don’t earn God’s grace. Grace is a gift from God to us.
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions) about Methodism
- Methodists believe in “prevenient grace,” a grace that is ever present with us. Even before we are aware of it, God is calling us to salvation and wholeness.
- “Justifying grace” follows when we become forgiven people through faith in Jesus Christ and being made right with God.
- “Sanctifying grace” comes in the lifelong process of communion with God, a process that shapes up and changes us.